All Things Apple
"Apple has worked some behind-the-scenes magic with its latest and greatest, and made some design changes for the better, too, all of which adds up to a new smartphone market king."
We’ve got Apple on the brain. Two new iPhones were revealed last week by Apple and we all upgraded our phones to iOS 7 on Wednesday. We thought we would share some of our favorite features.
The iPhone 5C is brand new territory for the software giant. Steve Jobs may scoff about offering a lower price point (discount) product, but there is nothing cheap about this phone (not even the price). With almost identical hardware to the iPhone 5, Apple believes this phone has the perfect combination of features and hardware to do extremely well in international and developing markets. Available in 5 different colors, the iPhone 5C is a really powerful phone that won't hurt your wallet. So what's included?
- A6 chip.
- 8MP iSight camera.
- 4-inch Retina display.
- Ultrafast LTE wireless.
- iPhone 5c has the things that made iPhone 5 an amazing phone, all in a completely new design that feels great in your hand.
- The 8MP iSight camera delivers startlingly sharp photo quality thanks to features like a sophisticated five‑element lens. And panorama, which lets you get stunning high‑resolution shots.
- Starting Price: $99 w/ 2 year contract.
The iPhone 5S is arguably the fastest smartphone on the market. With a slew of new impressive features, and not to mention the glamorous hardware, Apple is attempting to raise the bar with their latest release. So, what's so special about the 5s?
- Fingerprint sensor
- A7 chip with 64-bit architecture gives you CPU and graphics performance up to 2x faster than the A6 chip.
- iSight camera with 8MP, 33% more light sensitivity, pixels measuring 1.5 microns, and a larger f/2.2 aperture.
- Ultrafast LTE wireless.
- Beautiful aluminum housing, sleek metal and glass, sapphire crystal Home button and camera.
- M7 coprocessor is designed specifically to measure motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- Starting Price: $199 w/ 2 year contract and comes in Gold, Silver, and Space Gray.
We wrote a feature previously on iOS 7 immediately following the initial annoucement. While we had some skepticism with the design of the OS, actively using iOS 7 has been quite the treat for me personally, although others in the office have offered varying opinions. I have been getting a kick out of using my iPhone, albeit there is always a bit of a learning curve with a new OS.
- Messaging is sharper, cleaner, and finally gives specific times that messages were sent and received.
- Camera has many more options and features.
- Photos are organized much more efficiently. Makes you wonder why they weren't always that way?
- I have really appreciated the flat and simple design, however, the colors still aren't my favorite.
- Multitasking is totally revamped and a much better experience.
What do you think?
How do you feel about the new iPhone 5C and 5S? Were you expecting something more revolutionary? What are your favorite new features of iOS 7? We would love to hear from you!