Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because:
- If you wish to utilize the Subsplash Account functionality (“Subsplash Account Services”), Subsplash needs your information for purposes of processing and transmitting information to drive the correct data and content between servers and apps for your experience;
- It helps Subsplash deliver a superior level of customer service;
- It enables Subsplash to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you;
- In addition, your personal information helps Subsplash keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about. If you do not want Subsplash to keep you up to date with Subsplash news, software updates and the latest information on products and services please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information we collect and how we may use it
If you wish to utilize the Subsplash Account functionality (“Subsplash Account Services”), Subsplash needs your information for purposes of processing and transmitting information to drive the correct data and content between servers and apps for your experience.
Also, there are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better service. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product;
- When you interact with Subsplash, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Subsplash products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue;
- We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use your computer — to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service;
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites and applications. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.;
- We may use personal information to provide products and/or services that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Subsplash’s products.
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on an Subsplash website you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Subsplash is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Subsplash will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
When we disclose your information
Subsplash takes your privacy very seriously. Subsplash does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers or any other third party. If you wish to utilize the Subsplash Account functionality, Subsplash discloses your information to third party service providers and institutions for purposes of processing and transmitting information to drive the correct data and content between servers and apps for your experience.
Within the Subsplash Group
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners
There are also times when it may be advantageous for Subsplash to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Subsplash has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Subsplash to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in strict accordance with Subsplash’s policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to purchase products, have products delivered to you, receive customer service, provide us feedback to improve our products and services, or access certain services, offers, and content on the Subsplash website.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we reasonably determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary. If you utilize the Subsplash Account functionality Subsplash processes and transmits information to drive the correct data and content between servers and apps for your experience.
How we protect your personal information
Subsplash takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The Subsplash Online Store and Subsplash Accounts use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from the Subsplash Online Store, or Subsplash Accounts, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser like Safari.
Integrity of your personal information
Subsplash allows you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. Naturally, you have the right to access, correct and delete the personal information you have provided. In the event that you delete your information, such deletion may make it impossible for Subsplash to continue offering you some or all Service.
Cookies and other technologies
If, however, you prefer not to enable cookies, you can disable them in your browser. Please note that certain features of the Subsplash website and Subsplash online products will not be available once cookies are disabled. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Subsplash website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email. In addition we use pixel tags — tiny graphic images — to tell us what parts of our website customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our site.
Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read. And they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we’re sending only messages that are of interest to our customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a customer.
Our companywide commitment to your privacy
As we said, Subsplash takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to Subsplash employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Subsplash, Inc. 3257 16th Ave W, Seattle, Washington, USA 98119
Last updated July 24, 2015