Here are some steps to take and resources to gather to make signing up for giving a breeze!
1. Individual to fill out the form MUST BE individual who typically signs contracts for the organization (when they sign-up, they are taking all legal responsibility for the account)
2. Make sure the individual includes their personal/direct email address for security reasons (after sign up, it is really easy to add more users!)
3. Legal contact’s birth date and the last four digits of SSN for the US or full SIN for Canada.
4. Bank account and routing number for fund deposits.
5. EIN for the US or Business ID number for Canada.
6. Tax Doc Submitted in The Church App Dashboard
This is found under Settings ->Tax Info
Examples of documentation we can accept include:
- Federal IRS letter verifying 501(c)(3) status
- State letter certifying non-profit status within the State and that earnings are not benefitting shareholders or individuals
- Certified copy of the certificate of incorporation or similar document that clearly establishes non-profit status